The Ultimate Peanut Butter Truffles
The recipe you will keep returning to.
You are going to love these. So easy to make, so tasty and they look a treat.
A quick snack in between meals or perfect for that coffee/tea break. Sprinkle your favourite salt flakes on top – it really is a tasty flavour combo with the chocolate and peanut butter.
Do you like what you’ve seen so far? We sure hope so! Do us a favor, head over to our Facebook page and give it a like, or follow us on Instagram or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us and share this and other messy veggies recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did.
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate
- Himalayan salt to garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, desiccated coconut, almond meal and syrup until well combined. You may need to finish mixing with your hands. It should form into a dough.
- Shape mixture into balls, depending on the size that you like, I made mine into about 1 inch rounds.
- Place truffles onto a tray lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- In a bowl over a pot of simmering water on a low heat, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. You could also melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Once chocolate has melted, take truffles out of the freezer and roll them in the melted chocolate. I used a spoon to coat the truffle on all sides and then carefully lifted the truffle out and onto the baking paper. Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Pour any remaining melted chocolate over the truffles, to coat more thickly.
- Sprinkle each truffle with a pinch of salt.
- Return the truffles to the freezer and freeze until firm.
- Store in the fridge.
Of course you can substitute this with any other nut butter.