This banana bread is:
- oil free
- vegan and;
- refined sugar-free
Do you like what you’ve seen so far? We sure hope so! Do us a favor, head over to our Facebook page and give it a like, or follow us on Instagram or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us and share this and other messy veggies recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did.
- 350 g ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 6 tbsp warm water
- 280 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts slightly crushed
- 3 dates chopped finely (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
- Add the water with flaxseed meal and set aside so that the flaxseed takes on the water and turns into ‘flax eggs’
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix for a few minutes until well combined, add the flaxseed paste and continue to mix for a few more minutes.
- Pour mixture into your lined loaf tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when pierced into the loaf.
- Enjoy on it’s on or Serve warm with vegan butter or dress it up with some vanilla buttercream.
- Due to the no-oil content, this loaf is Best enjoyed within a few days.