The working year has officially commenced and that means less time to spend creating delicious healthy meals in the kitchen and the need for simple ingredients that will make a meal in under 10 mins.
It’s a horrible feeling finishing lunch and needing to take a siesta. I mean, It’s a great feeling on the weekend when siesta you can! But if it’s Mon – Fri and you’re out of luck, it is a horrible, horrible feeling. Especially when the boss is on your case chasing deadlines.
So with that in mind, this revitalising dish will take you only 5 minutes to prep and has all the ingredients to tick boxes to keep you feeling full (thank you, lentils) but not ready to head butt the desk.
Mint and parsley provide a nice little kick of freshness, perfect for hot summer days and the salad keeps well meaning you can enjoy it across 2 meals if it lasts that long!
I call this my fuss-free, no cook, a simplistic ode to tabouleh recipe. The recipe below will serve 1 – 2 people as a main meal and keeps well.
It’s wonderful served on its own or paired with loads of hummus and falafels.
Do you like what you’ve seen so far? We sure hope so! Do us a favor, head over to our Facebook page and give it a like, or follow us on Instagram or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us and share this and other messy veggies recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did.
- 1 x 400g tinned lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch parsley chopped finely
- 1 bunch mint chopped finely
- 1 red onion sliced finely
- 250 g cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or more to taste
- Lots of cracked pepper and Himalayan salt
- A handful of pine nuts optional
- Add everything to a salad bowl and give it a good toss to mix everything through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings (salt, pepper, oil, lemon) to taste.