Looks like this when you are almost finished
Hasselback Sweet Potato with Avocado and a Sriracha Maple Glaze
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 3/4 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 230°C
- Slice your Sweet Potatoes thinly and be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place on some Baking paper and dash some olive oil over your sweet potatoes, then place into the oven for 40 mins.
- For the Maple Glaze you need to place the maple syrup and sriracha with a pinch of salt into a small pot.
- Heat and stir constantly until it becomes syrupy. You should see lots of bubbles over the top and not see the liquid.
- Set aside off the heat.
- Slice up your avocado thinly.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, you will see they are a little crispy on the outside, remove from the oven.
- Slide in your avo slices and top with the glaze and pepitas.
We pan fried our pepitas with no oil to toast them.