Vegan Salted caramel ice cream
Do you like what you’ve seen so far? We sure hope so! Do us a favor, head over to our Facebook page and give it a like, or follow us on Instagram or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us and share this and other messy veggies recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did.
When you're in need of lots of chocolate, ice-cream and caramel, this is your best bet.
- 1 can full fat coconut cream
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 2 medijool dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup full fat soy milk
- 2 tbsp nuttlelex
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp or more salt
- Prepare caramel by adding the sugar and soy milk to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir the mixture while bringing it to the boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow the caramel to boil for 15 minutes. During this time do not stir the mixture.
After 15 minutes remove caramel from the heat and stir in the butter, followed by the vanilla and salt.
- Set aside and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. taste and add more salt if desired.
- Blend all ingredients for the icecream in a blender until smooth.
- pour the liquid mixture into a silicone loaf tin and place in the freezer. After 30 minutes remove from the freezer and use a fork to give it a quick mix. You want to do this at 30 mins, 1 hour and 1.5 hour mark. It will encourage air and encourage the texture to become lighter.
- Once frozen, remove from freezer and turn out on to a plate, top with lots of caramel sauce, chopped dark chocolate and peanuts.
If the log is completely solid and frozen, you can slice and allow to stand for about 10 minutes or so until it softens slightly.
Sometimes caramel can do bizarre things like crystalise. It really does just take a little practice however if this does happen to you, don't panic, simply warm it through on the stove and pour the warm sauce over the ice cream log and serve right away, It may actually help to melt your ice cream log if it's solid frozen and you're feeling impatient.