For those days when pancakes just won’t do and you want to get some use out of that Christmas present your Aunty gave you from 3 years ago. It’s waffle time!
Waffles are a fun alternative to pancakes. And, who doesn’t love the grooves of waffles and how they hold maple syrup like puddles? Perfect as the weather starts to cool down and enjoyed with a pot of freshly brewed tea. They really are the perfect breakfast in bed.
You can use whichever flavour protein powder you like but I like to use the chocolate cherry coconut flavour by prana on.
Do you like what you’ve seen so far? We sure hope so! Do us a favor, head over to our Facebook page and give it a like, or follow us on Instagram or subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also follow us and share this and other messy veggies recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did.
- 140 g oats
- 1 medium banana
- 1 1/2 scoops 60g protein powder*
- 240 ml organic soy milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Fresh banana
- Fresh strawberries
- Maple syrup
- Almond butter
- Chocolate Shavings
- Add all ingredients for waffle batter into a blender and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of the batter into your preheated waffle maker and cook until your desired darkness.
- Once cooked, allow the waffle to rest for 2 mins before carefully transferring to a plate using a spatula.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and then pile on your favourite toppings and devour.